Centreboard Slot Gasket 75mm and Glue
A flexible strip for sealing the centreboard or daggerboard slot on dinghies. 75mm wide, 2 meters long.
A 75mm wide flexible strip for sealing the centreboard or daggerboard slot on dinghies, catamarans and sailboards. This new formulation is made from a laminate of sailcloth and polyester film, resulting in good spring characteristics with high tear resistance.
Best fitted by gluing to GRP or two pack painted wood. If fitting to plastic it's advisable to test the adhesion first (if adhesion isn't good, epoxys sometimes work well). For ordinary painted boats it's advisable to fit using keel band.
Included in this Pack
- 75mm x 2m of slot gasket
- 40ml tube of contact adhesive
- Firstly remove all traces of the old gasket and associated glue. This is best achieved using a sharp chisel.
- Place masking tape or similar around the centreboard slot to ensure there is no glue spillage on the hull of your boat.
- Ensure the surface of the hull that is to be glued is dry and free from dust.
- Lay the slot strip in place and draw the shape required to fill the centreboard recess. Shinny side to the outside.
- Cut out the shape on the Slotstrip and ensure it is a good fit.
- Mark the slot down the middle of the Slotstrip. It needs to be about 25mm longer than required at both ends.
- Cut the slot in the Slotstrip with a sharp knife and tape over the cut on the outside. You can cut the strip when fitted to the boat but it's easier to cut before and taping the cut together makes the following more managable.
- Lay the Slotstrip upside down on a board and pin it down at each end with drawing pins.
- Apply a coat of contact adhesive to the boat and to the slot strip making sure the corners and edges are well coated.
- Wait til both surfaces are touch dry. Un-pin the Slotstrip and attach one end to the boat.
- Apply plenty of pressure and work slowly to the other end and push the Slotstrip firmly into place.
- When you are happy it is properly in place, go over it with a small roller ensuring there is good contact over the whole area.
- Apply tape to the edges to ensure it stays down firmly while it dries.
- Leave for 12 hours to cure before removing the tape.
If using 2 separate strips (one on either side) omit instructions 6 and 7 above.
UK Delivery Charges
This item is considered hazardous or dangerous for shipping purposes and therefore needs to be shipped with a courier.
- 5 Day Standard Delivery £6.00 / Free if this item or the order is over £100*
- 2-3 Day Delivery £7.00*
- Next Working Day Delivery £7.50*
- AM Next Working Day Delivery £11.50*
- Saturday Delivery £15.00*
*Options may not be available to all postcodes, also delivery to offshore and some Scottish postcodes may vary. To check add the item to the cart and enter your post code for a full delivery options.
Ordering Multiple Items
As long as your order is less than 15Kg, and doesn't included any bulky items or items that can't be shipped then the price above should apply.
FREE Delivery - If your total order value is £100 or over, can be delivered by courier and is going to Mainland UK excluding the Scottish Highlands the you will qualify for Free Delivery.
International Deliveries - We ship this item internationally using Fedex, the following examples include vat;
- Germany: £18.72
- Ireland: £20.81