A new formulation made from a laminate of sailcloth and polyester film, resulting in good spring characteristics with high tear resistance.
Best fitted by glueing.
Included in this Pack
- 50mm x 2m of slot gasket
- 40ml tube of contact adhesive
1. Firstly remove all traces of the old gasket and associated glue. This is best achieved using a sharp chisel.
2. Place masking tape or similar around the centreboard slot to ensure there is no glue spillage on the hull of your boat.
3. Ensure the surface of the hull that is to be glued is dry and free from dust.
4. Lay the slot strip in place and draw the shape required to fill the centreboard recess. Shinny side to the outside.
5. Cut out the shape on the Slotstrip and ensure it is a good fit.
6. Mark the slot down the middle of the Slotstrip. It needs to be about 25mm longer than required at both ends.
7. Cut the slot in the Slotstrip with a sharp knife.
8. Lay the Slotstrip upside down on a board and pin it down at each end with drawing pins.
9. Apply a coat of contact adhesive to the boat and to the slot strip making sure the corners and edges are well coated.
10. Wait til both surfaces are touch dry. Un-pin the Slotstrip and attach one end to the boat.
11. Apply plenty of pressure and work slowly to the other end and push the Slotstrip firmly into place.
12. When you are happy it is properly in place, go over it with a small roller ensuring there is good contact over the whole area.
13. Apply tape to the edges to ensure it stays down firmly while it dries.
14. Leave for 12 hours to cure before removing the tape.
If using 2 separate strips (one on either side) omit instructions 6 and 7 above.
|Date / Score|
|Customer Comment||Our Response|
|31-Dec-2012 Service: Product:|
|I have bought a few things from Trident and they arrive reasonably promptly|
|11-Jan-2012 Service: Product:|
Service rating : fine
Product : fine
Delivery Charges - Our delivery price start from;
Standard Delivery from; £2.50
Next Day Delivery from; £6.95
Check the price for delivering your item by adding it to the cart, then view the cart and entering your delivery details. It will then give you your options and the cost.
FREE Delivery - If your order value is £100 or over, the item can be delivered by courier and is going to Mainland UK excluding the Scottish Highlands.
There are no product questions yet.