Trailer Servicing and Repairs
We can offer a complete servicing and repair facilities as well as a wide selection of Trailers, Trolleys and Accessories.
Frequency of Servicing
- Before each journey - particular checks are necessary for safety reasons and is the responsibility of the trailer operator.
- After the first 600 miles (1000 km) - for new trailers
- Every 3000 miles (5000 km) - for industrial / commercial trailers with intensive usage, by type of application or mileage towed, including boat trailers that have been immersed in water.
- Every 6000 miles (10,000 km) - for leisure trailers and caravans - service annually.
Trailer Service Costs:
As an example a single axle, unbraked trailer service will cost: £50 + parts + VAT.
A Service includes the following checks:
- Jack up and make safe with axle stands. All wheels off the ground plus jockey wheel
- Remove hubs, strip out bearings and seals and check condition.
- Check wheel studs. Re-grease and re-assemble.
- Check coupling, draw bar bushes for wear (lift in draw tube shaft), rubber bellows for spits etc. Breakaway cable and damper operation. Grease as required.
- Remove jockey wheel assembly and strip out inner shaft, clean and re-grease.
- Inspect rubber tyred wheel for wear etc. (if applicable)
- Replace assembly ensuring clamp pad is in place (if fitted.)
- Check Indespension units, coil and leaf springs for damage etc. (Paying special attention to spring hangers and bolts.)
- Check security and condition of mud guards and mountings etc.
Looking For Trailer Spares?