Centreboard Slot Gasket 50mm and Glue
A flexible strip for sealing the centreboard or daggerboard slot on dinghies. 50mm wide and 2 meters long.
A flexible strip for sealing the centreboard or daggerboard slot on dinghies, catamarans and sailboards.
A new formulation made from a laminate of sailcloth and polyester film, resulting in good spring characteristics with high tear resistance.
Best fitted by gluing.
Included in this Pack
- 50mm x 2m of slot gasket
- 40ml tube of contact adhesive
1. Firstly remove all traces of the old gasket and associated glue. This is best achieved using a sharp chisel.
2. Place masking tape or similar around the centreboard slot to ensure there is no glue spillage on the hull of your boat.
3. Ensure the surface of the hull that is to be glued is dry and free from dust.
4. Lay the slot strip in place and draw the shape required to fill the centreboard recess. Shinny side to the outside.
5. Cut out the shape on the Slotstrip and ensure it is a good fit.
6. Mark the slot down the middle of the Slotstrip. It needs to be about 25mm longer than required at both ends.
7. Cut the slot in the Slotstrip with a sharp knife.
8. Lay the Slotstrip upside down on a board and pin it down at each end with drawing pins.
9. Apply a coat of contact adhesive to the boat and to the slot strip making sure the corners and edges are well coated.
10. Wait til both surfaces are touch dry. Un-pin the Slotstrip and attach one end to the boat.
11. Apply plenty of pressure and work slowly to the other end and push the Slotstrip firmly into place.
12. When you are happy it is properly in place, go over it with a small roller ensuring there is good contact over the whole area.
13. Apply tape to the edges to ensure it stays down firmly while it dries.
14. Leave for 12 hours to cure before removing the tape.
If using 2 separate strips (one on either side) omit instructions 6 and 7 above.
Hi, Is this item suitable to be fitted to a painted clinker built wooden dinghy ?
It would go on as long as the surface is smooth enough
If you have a keel band strip around the centreboard case you could fit the sail cloth slot gasket under the band?
I hope that helps