International Compass Varnish - 750ml
Compass, a fast-drying, highly durable one-part polyurethane gloss varnish, allows you to reduce your work time and labour efficiency, without compromising on aesthetics or protection.
The New Gold Spar
Fast Dry, High Durability,
High Gloss Polyurethane Varnish
Compass, a fast-drying, highly durable one-part polyurethane gloss varnish, allows you to reduce your work time and labour efficiency, without compromising on aesthetics or protection. Apply two coats per day -- the fast-dry formulation minimises dust contamination -- and sand only after every 2nd or 3rd coat. Achieve a professional, longlasting finish that will deliver maximum resistance to abrasion, chemical water and alcohol spills. Compass is ‘light amber’ in colour, to emphasise the colour and appearance of natural wood. Compass is suitable for all internal and external woods, and can be applied directly to oily timbers, such as teak and iroko. Compass can also be used in a system with Clear Wood Sealer Fast Dry.
- Tough durable polyurethane finish
- Fast-dry formulation requires sanding only after every 2-3 coats
- Contains HALS and UV absorbers
- Superior flow and application characteristics
- Light amber colour
- Optimised for application in cool to moderate climates
- Suitable for all internal and external woods, including oily timbers
- Excellent resistance to scratches, surface abrasion, oil, mild acid/alkali and alcohol spills
- Apply 2 coats per day; dust contamination is minimised and work time is reduced
- Wood is protected from sunlight degradation; lifespan of the coating is extended
- A smooth professional finish
- Enhances the colour of natural wood
- Can be used without thinning between 15°C and 30°C
- Can be applied direct to teak and iroko
Systems and compatibility:
Compass can be applied to all woods; including oily woods such as teak and iroko, after adequate preparation and degreasing (Thinner No. 1 is
recommended). It can also be applied over Clear Wood Sealer Fast Dry, Interstain, Batbets, existing one-part varnishes and International Perfection and
Perfection Plus two-part varnishes. Do not apply two-part varnishes over one-part products.
Surface preparation and systems (brush/roller application)
Previously varnished wood:
- In good condition: Clean with thinners. Sand smooth with 280-320 grade paper. Remove sanding dust with thinners.
- In poor condition: Remove all previous coatings. Follow bare wood preparation.
Preparing bare wood:
Sand smooth with 80-180 and then 280 grade paper. Remove sanding dust by brushing, dusting and wiping. If wiping with thinner allow the surface to dry completely before applying the first coat. If applying to oily woods, ensure that the surface is adequately prepared and degreased (Thinner No. 1 is recommended).
- Priming bare wood: Prime, if preferred, using Clear Wood Sealer Fast Dry. If Clear Wood Sealer Fast Dry has been omitted, apply a coat of Compass thinned by 10%.
- Previously varnished wood: Minimum of 3 full coats.
- Bare wood: After priming, apply 3-5 full coats. Sand every 2-3 coats, using 320-400 grade paper. *Remove dust with a dust wipe.
- Thinner No. 1 is best if using brush or roller.
If spraying use Thinner No.3.
Refer to the Compass product data sheet for spray recommendations (see link below).
* Final aesthetics may be further improved by sanding between every coat. When applying by brush or roller, it may be necessary to adjust the number of coats in order to achieve the total specified system dry film thickness.
UK Delivery Charges
Due to the dimensions and/or type of this item it needs to be shipped with a courier.
- Standard Delivery from £5.50 / Free if this item or the order is over £100*
- Faster Options available, add this item to the shopping cart to check options.
*Options may not be available to all postcodes, also delivery to offshore and some Scottish postcodes may vary. To check add the item to the cart and enter your post code for a full delivery options.
- We are unable to deliver this product internationally.
30 Day Returns
If you are not happy with your order you may return it to subject to the following criteria.
- The product can't be one of the following; Special Order Items, Items cut to a length, Custom Made Items, self assembly products that have been assembled and safety products including flares and inflatable lifejackets.
- Items should be returned within 30 Days of receipt.
- Items must be unused and returned in the original packaging with labels if applicable.
- You are responsible for the cost of returning the products.