Seadek 3mm Deck Grip Self Adhesive Black 100mm x 2m
Seadek self adhesive deck pad in black. A 3mm thick UV stable, colour fast, closed cell EVA foam with 3M peel and stick backing.
Supplied as a roll 100mm wide and 2 meters long. With a brushed finish it has exceptional traction, it's shock absorbent, extremely durable and light weight.
Storage: 1. SeaDek should be stored in a cool, dry, indoor location until installed on boat.
- Sharp razor knife
- Isopropyl Alcohol or Acetone
- 1-Inch Masking Tape
- Do NOT install SeaDek in temperatures below 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Do NOT attempt to remove and adjust placement once pad is down.
- 1. Use isopropyl alcohol or acetone on the surface area. Thoroughly clean the surface area where SeaDek will be applied. Please follow your state regulations for proper chemical handling.
- 2. Make sure all grease, adhesive, mold-release, wax and other substances are removed before installing the product. The area must be completely dry before applying pads.
- 3. Before you peel back the adhesive backing, place the pads on the surface area to verify the fit and spacing in order to determine the exact location of the pad(s).
- 4. Turn pad over so that the adhesive backing is face up. With a sharp razor knife carefully cut the paper adhesive backing from the centre of the pad towards the edges (centre to top edge, centre to bottom edge) to ensure it does not rip. Be sure to completely cut through the adhesive backing but DO NOT cut into the pad.
- 5. Now starting from the centre cut you just made, peel back 2” of the paper backing and fold to crease it. Repeat on the other side. Fold both pieces of the paper backing back in place to cover the adhesive.
- 6. Turn the pad back over and re position it exactly where you want it installed.
- 7. Firmly secure one side of the pad to the surface area using 1-inch masking tape. Taping prevents the pad from moving.
- 8. Lift up the side that is not taped down and peel the paper backing to the crease. Gently lay the pad back in place.
- 9. Firmly press down on the pad where the exposed adhesive is. Apply pressure from the centre of the pad outward (centre to top, centre to bottom) to ensure no air is trapped beneath the pad.
- 10. Continue to lift the pad and peel back the paper backing to expose an additional 2” - 3” and repeat step 7. *DO NOT PULL OR STRETCH THE PAD(S)*
- 11. Once the first side is complete, remove the masking tape and repeat steps 7 and 8 for the other half of the pad. Apply pressure to the pad to ensure there’s a firm bond between the pad and the surface area.
- 12. Firmly press down on all edges to ensure no water will permeate the pads.