Bainbridge Contract Batten 15mm (Excluding End Caps) Per Meter
15mm standard contract batten, excellent as a replacement batten supplied by the meter.
- Thickness: 2.5mm
- Colour: White
- Weight: 60 grams/meter
- Order the quantity you need in meters
- We will supply it in one long length (maximum single length 6m)
- Order the batten ends you want if needed
Making your Battern
- Measure the length of the batten you need (don't forget to allow for the batten ends)
- We recommend wrapping the batten where it is to be cut in tape to prevent/reduce splintering
- Use a hacksaw to cut the batten
- If you are fitting batten ends use a file to remove the high points
- Fit the batten ends on to the batten
- You will probably need to bang the ends on by holding batten and banging onto a firm surface.
Good day. May I ask, what is the exact difference between tapered batten and contract batten? Is it only the flat diamond shape?
The tapered batten has a flat profile and is the same width along it's length, it's the thickness that differs.
The thicker end of the batten sits at the leech of the sail to keep it pert and the thinner tapered end makes a smoother transition from sail to batten keeping a more uniform sail shape
I hope that helps