Barton Dinghy Boomstrut
The Barton Dinghy Boomstrut is prevents the boom from dropping when you lower the mainsail and is easily fitted in a couple of minutes.
Designed for sailboats under 5 metres (17’) with boom and sail tip weight of under 6.8 kgs(16 lbs) it is maintenance free doesn't require any drilling as long as you can fit the mast bracket into the track on the back of the mast.
The Boomstrut works by flexing upwards; when straight, it is at the top of its travel. Install the Boomstrut with the mast swivel bracket screw head side facing downwards and the webbing cradle eye facing forward.
The Boomstrut is designed to fit inside your current vang (kicking strap) tackle, but in some cases it may be necessary to reposition attachment points of these blocks to allow sufficient room.
- GP14, Enterprise, Laser 2000, Wanderer, Wayfarer and other similar boats.
- Sailing Schools
- Training Boats
- Trailer Sailors
- Cruising day boats.
- Pin to pin length: 762mm
- Rods can be reduced by: 125mm
- Maximum initial full adjustment: 130mm
- Maximum stoke at full adjustment 150mm
- Maximum downward force the strut will support at boom attaching point 45kg