Owatrol Polytrol Gelcoat And Surface Restorer 500ml
Gelcoat and surface restorer is an oil that penetrates deep into gelcoat to re-wet the pigment and so restore the dull, faded look of the gelcoat to its original colour and lustre. It then dries to a tough, long lasting and flexible finish. Gelcoat Restorer eliminates the need for expensive waxes and polishes that sit on the surface and dry out quickly.
Can be used on most surfaces, including fibreglass, wood, plastic and metals aluminium, chrome and corroded brass or bronze.
It brings faded fibreglass hulls up like new.
• Revives the colour and appearance of tarnished and dulled plastics and fibreglass (GRP) (car bumpers, boat hulls, garden furniture, shutters).
• Restores marble, tiles, tombstones, slate, terracotta tiles where the colour and look has faded.
• Rejuvinates and restores flat and chalky paint and varnishes dulled by weathering.
• Restore the shine and protects chrome or polished metals: aluminum, chrome, brass, bronze
• Before implementing, always make sure the surfaces are clean and free of grease, silicone, and always dry. If cleaning is necessary, use a solvent on metal or a mixture of water and detergent, preferably. Rinse well and allow to dry at least 12 hours. Hide areas that are not treated.
• Carefully apply a layer of saturated POLYTROL. Beware of runs (for sanding metal surfaces thoroughly with steel wool very fine, well soaked POLYTROL).
• Leave on for 10-20 minutes then remove the excess product by wiping with a clean lint or paper towel.
• Treat small areas in stages to avoid any uncontrolled drying.
• Avoid using on hot surfaces or in direct sunlight.
• Allow at least 24 hours before use.
• Although it is not highly flammable soaked rags should not be discarded as such directly to the trash (risk of self ignition) to dry, first, flat and open.
Application tools : brush - rag
Application temperature : +5°C to +35°C
Working time before wipe off : 10 to 20mn.
Clean-up : White-Spirit
DO NOT use Gelcoat Restorer on white surfaces, it will not work as it is designed to restore pigments.
This used to be called Polytrol GRP and plastic colour restorer
UK Delivery Charges
Due to the dimensions and/or type of this item it needs to be shipped with a courier.
- Standard Delivery from £5.50 / Free if this item or the order is over £100*
- Faster Options available, add this item to the shopping cart to check options.
*Options may not be available to all postcodes, also delivery to offshore and some Scottish postcodes may vary. To check add the item to the cart and enter your post code for a full delivery options.
- We are unable to deliver this product internationally.
30 Day Returns
If you are not happy with your order you may return it to subject to the following criteria.
- The product can't be one of the following; Special Order Items, Items cut to a length, Custom Made Items, self assembly products that have been assembled and safety products including flares and inflatable lifejackets.
- Items should be returned within 30 Days of receipt.
- Items must be unused and returned in the original packaging with labels if applicable.
- You are responsible for the cost of returning the products.