Ronstan Series 40 Orbit Block Fiddle With Cleat And Becket Option
Ronstan 40mm double fiddle ball bearing Orbit block with becket option, cleat and Dyneema link head.
Ball bearing Orbit blocks™ boast the highest strength-to-weight ratio available. This is achieved through all-composite reinforced polymer materials and multiple attachment options.
Their precision design provides the optimum number of ball bearings for minimum friction while weight reduction is achieved through the use of fibre-reinforced composites in the block head, cleat arms and beckets.
- Highest working load in its class
- Secure, versatile and secure attachment
- Low profile and compact
- Dyneema link head
- Becket takes upto 4mm line, add a Dyneema Link for large ropes
- Composite C-Cleat and fairlead
- Self-lubricating PTFE impregnated Nylon sheave and full contact bearing for high dynamic loads
- Lower 23mm sheave has high load full contact bearing (not ball bearing)
- Sheave: Carbon fibre reinforced, PTFE impregnated Nylon
- Ball Bearings: High compression strength Acetal
- Stage 2 Bearing - Glass fibre reinforced, MoS2 impregnated Nylon
- Frame/Cheeks: Toughened, glass fibre reinforced Nylon
- Link head is UV stabilised, multi-strand impregnated SK75 Dyneema®
- Tension systems on dinghies to 5m (16ft)
- Vang and backstay applications on boats to 8m (26ft)
- Control line applications on dinghies and larger boats
Kilogram for kilogram of working load BB Orbit Blocks™ are the world’s lightest. To gain peak performance, we engineered out the heavy steel load straps, head post, shackle and cleating accessories. Through extensive research and development, we replaced virtually all metal components with high-tech polymers and fibre equivalents.
Weight and bulk are further reduced in the different block configurations.
Beckets have been carefully designed to minimise height.
Highest working load in its class
The proven Ronstan 2-stage bearing system (Series 30 and larger) features high compression grade Acetal ball bearings and a secondary full-contact bearing. This gives minimum friction across the full working load range. Lower sheave has high load full contact bearing (i.e. not ball bearing)
The sheave and bearing system is supported by a fibre-reinforced load frame, computer modelled and optimised using advanced stress analysis methods.
The Dyneema® Link is produced from high spec SK75 fibre, which is 10 times stronger and lighter than steel, and provides the final connection from the block to the load point.
High performance cleating
Ronstan BB Orbit Blocks™ feature strong, lightweight fibre-reinforced cleat arms adjustable to the required cleating angle. Race-proven, carbon-fibre reinforced Ronstan C-Cleats give secure rope holding with low entry and exit efforts, and are fitted with fairleads for fast action from any angle.
|Attachment Method||Fixed Head, Removable Head, Rope Loop|
|Bearing Type||Ball Bearing|
|Block Options||Becket Through Axle, Cam Cleat, Fiddle|
|Sheave Diameter (mm)||40.00|
|Max Working Load (kg)||325|
|Breaking Load (kg)||700|
Important note - break loads
Where break and safe working loads are stated, it is assumed that all sheaves are evenly loaded as in a purchase tackle. Uneven loading, or loading of one sheave in a double or triple block, will severely affect strength quoted. If unsure, please seek further assistance.